Leadership and capacity building
Our leadership and capacity building programs develop the genuine capacity of organisations, marginalised people and communities. By reducing social barriers and shifting mindsets using the Leadership Plus model – confidence, skills and a sense of self-responsibility are built.
The programs we run are always developed in careful consultation with the people we work with, and customised for individual and group needs.
Leaders shape the way people think and act. We offer best-practice and experiential:
– leadership training: training for emerging leaders, including those with a disability and from CALD communities.
– leadership development: coaching for business leaders on leading through diversity inclusion, see Consultancy.
Capacity building increases the skills of communities, organisations and people – leading to greater social and economic opportunities.
There are 2.6 million carers in Australia, looking after a person with a disability, mental health issue, medical condition or who are aged. CarerPlan workshops are designed for carers to develop a plan for what happens after they die or can no longer provide care to their loved one.
With strong links to communities, leaders and partner organisations, we deliver contextualised and culturally appropriate capacity building for CALD communities and emerging leaders.
Government and community organisations
We building the capacity of government departments and organisations to include and manage diversity and their service provision capacities.
- Flagship leaders program, run in partnership with RMIT cultivated the development of leaders with a disability, with 40 percent of graduates going on to successful employment.
- Leadership program for young African Australians, supported by the Scanlon Foundation.
- LeadAbility Leaders Program for people with disability in corporate organisations, in partnership with Leadership Western Australia and the Disability Services Commission WA.
- FastTrack capacity building program for people with disability and carers, supported by the Office for Disability.
- Capacity building retreats for carers from CALD communities.
- CALD wellbeing and social isolation reduction groups, funded by the Department of Human Services, local government and Commonwealth Respite.
Book a consultation to talk to us about leadership and capacity building.